Nonclassical is committed to protecting your privacy. We use the most up-to-date technologies to keep the information you give us secure and confidential, and to prevent unauthorised access to it.
This Privacy Notice sets out the basis on which we will process the personally identifying information (‘Personal Data’) that we collect and receive from and about users of our website, or customers who purchase tickets for our events/attend our events, or purchase record label merchandise, or subscribe to our newsletters.
This policy was updated on 17 May 2018.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following personal data from or about you as a Nonclassical customer:
Personal Data collected directly from you through our website contact form: your name and email address. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is our legitimate interest in knowing more about our customers to be able to respond fully.
Personal Data collected automatically from the use, by you, of the Nonclassical website. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is our legitimate interest to be able to operate the website and provide you with access to the pages you wish to access.
- Personal Data received indirectly through our Third Part Processors (including Eventbrite, Bandcamp, and Charity Checkout – please see a full list below) which enables us to create and store a record of your purchase history. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is our legitimate interest in being able to process your transaction and in knowing more about our customers.
What do we use your personal information for?
We aim to be open and transparent when we collect your personal data and we will not do anything you would not reasonably expect.
With your consent, we will use your personal information to:
- Process your purchases (events and merchandise) and to contact you about your purchase
- Notify you of any changes to events, purchases, services and fundraising campaigns, which may be relevant to you
- Ask you participate in surveys and market research
- Improve our understanding of our audience through basic profiling and your response to emails (or other communications) that we send you
With your permission, we will use your personal information to:
Send you communications by email in order to inform you of our events, record label releases, artists and composers, fundraising and all associated Nonclassical activities.
How long do we keep your personal details?
The personal data collected by Nonclassical is evaluated periodically to determine whether it is current and still needs to be held.
Subject to any legal retention requirements [e.g. Gift Aid regulations require appropriate records to be retained for seven years] you may notify Nonclassical if you do not wish your data to be held.
Keeping your details safe and secure
We mainly collect Personal Data electronically. We maintain technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data, and to guard it against accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to unauthorised third parties. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
If we collect your data on a paper form (e.g. at a Nonclassical event), your personal data will be uploaded securely to Mailchimp and once that process is complete, your personal data will not be kept in any other format.
We regularly review our security systems to ensure that your Personal Data remains safe and secure.
Sharing your information
Nonclassical will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to operate the website, provide our services to you and administer your transaction or otherwise as required or permitted by law.
We use third party processors to collect, export, process and store Personal Data on our behalf.
Some of these third party processors will by necessity have access to or be directly involved in processing or storing a subset of the personal information you shared with Nonclassical.
We believe that each third party processors has in place appropriate protections to ensure the security of the data we store or process with them and have clear policies for how they treat that data. Privacy policies for each processor can be found here:
· Mailchimp (email marketing/CRM): https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-GB/privacystatement
· Bandcamp (merchandise purchases), located in the U.S.: https://bandcamp.com/privacy
· Squarespace (website management), located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified: https://www.squarespace.com/privacy/
· Google Drive (cloud storage): https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance/eu-data-protection/
· Survey Monkey (survey tool), located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/policy/privacy-policy/
· Google Analytics (website analytics), located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified: https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/
· Eventbrite (ticketing), located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/support/articles/en_US/Troubleshooting/eventbrite-privacy-policy?lg=en_GB
· Charity Checkout (previous ticketing and donations): https://www.charitycheckout.co.uk/privacy/
· PayPal (Payment processing): https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/privacy-full
· Fasthosts (email): https://www.fasthosts.co.uk/terms/privacy-policy
· Facebook (social media platform), some data centres located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
· Twitter (social media platform): https://twitter.com/privacy
· Instagram (social media platform), some data centres located in the U.S. Privacy Shield Certified. https://help.instagram.com/155833707900388
· Salesforce (CRM): https://www.salesforce.com/uk/company/privacy/
International Data Transfers
We use data processors located outside the European Economic Area only after taking such steps as are required to ensure that Personal Data they process on our behalf receives protection equivalent to that provided in the EEA. Our processors are either certified as compliant with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework where they are located in the USA, or have entered into an agreement with us containing the model clauses approved by the European Commission as providing contractual protection equivalent to that provided by the data protection regulations applicable in the EEA. To learn more about the Privacy Shield program, please visit www.privacyshield.gov.
Giving you control
We make it easy for you to tell us how you want to hear from us.
You can give us permission at the time of your purchase or donation to be opted in to further marketing communications.
You have the right to opt out at any time from receiving marketing communications from us. We will give you the opportunity to opt out, at any time, from any marketing email communications you receive from us by selecting unsubscribe or preferences on your Mailchimp email.
If you have opted out of marketing communications, we may still get in touch with you. For example we may email you to give you important information about the events you’ve booked or items you have purchased to tell you about any changes.
You also have the right to be forgotten should you wish to stop all communications from the Nonclassical. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 739 5791.
Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) also places cookies on your computer, to enable Google to provide us with activity reports relating to the Sites. Google uses this data only to provide us with information on how users use the Sites and does not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. The information generated by Google cookies about your use of the platform (including your IP address) will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. You may refuse these cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser or by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.
© Nonclassical 2018