Matinee performance: 4pm-6.30pm
Evening gig: 8pm-10.30pm
Meditative cello improvisations by London-based trio Tre Voci meet thrilling Iranian drumming in this fascinating musical collaboration accompanied by live visuals.
Immerse yourself in the plethora of sounds slowly orbiting the audience in the first half, before hearing "the best hand-drummer worldwide" (ORF) Mohammed Reza Mortazavi, and his mesmerisingly fast drumming, bringing the programme to an ecstatic close.
Tickets: Early Bird £10 / Standard £15 / Students £8
Get a taster of what's to expect in this trailer:
Tre Voci (Torun Stavseng, Gregor Riddell and Colin Alexander) will perform their own improvisations and new compositions, including the world premiere of a new work by David Stephen Grant, in which they collaborate with Mohammed Reza Mortazavi and Norwegian soprano Silje Aker Johnsen.
- London-based cello trio Tre Voci, known for combining meditative improvisations alongside ethereal medieval works. Listen on Spotify >
- Iranian hand-percussion legend Mohammed Reza Mortazavi, described as having the "fastest hands on earth" (ZDF-Aspekte). Watch on YouTube >
- Norwegian soprano Silje Aker Johnsen
- Norwegian/British composer David Stephen Grant
- Norwegian live visuals artist Henrik Koppen