An evening based on the music of New York, curated by one of our Associate Composers, Charlotte Harding.
1. Facing Death (Louis Andriessen) - an amazing piece for amplified string quartet inspired by bebop and Charlie Parker
2. New York Counterpoint (Steve Reich) for saxophone quartet
3. From Sub to Street, to Scraping the Sky (Charlotte Harding) for saxophone quartet
4. A selection of movements from Melodies for Saxophone (Philip Glass) for solo saxophone
5. Premiere of a new piece inspired by NYC hip hop (Charlotte Harding) for percussion
Plus NYC-inspired DJ sets by Nonclassical DJs, including Gabriel Prokofiev.
Manhattan cocktails available from the bar for the special price of £7.
Doors at 8pm, live music from 8.30pm.
Tickets £5 (students) / £8 (advanced) / £10 (on the door)