To launch our celebrations marking ten years of the label and club night, we're holding a very special remix competition, open to all. Previous Nonclassical remixers have included Thom Yorke, Kidkanevil, Mira Calix and many more. Now you have the chance to add yourself to this distinguished list.
There are four tracks to choose from: two from the upcoming debut album by Tempest (compositions by Mark Simpson and Gary Carpenter), one from Tansy Davies' critically acclaimed Troubairitz, performed by the Azalea Ensemble, and one from Gabriel Prokofiev's Piano Book No. 1 (selections of which are included in Prokofiev's forthcoming portrait album Selected Classical Works 2003-2012).
How to enter
Simply download the stems and get creative! You can either download the stems for each track (at the bottom of this page), or get all of them in one go here: Download all stems.
When you’re ready to submit, add the track to our SoundcloudDropbox and we’ll put it online for others to hear and comment on.
***The deadline for receiving tracks is 21st August***
- The winning entries will be released as part of our tenth anniversary celebrations, and will also be re-interpreted live on Nonclassical's upcoming UK tour
- Runners-up will win copies of our upcoming 'The Art of Remix' album and a pair of tickets to upcoming live shows
Our one house rule is that you should only use sounds taken from the original material – so no imported beats or other samples.
We’re looking for remixes that really push the boundaries, chopping up the samples to make new compositions, slowing things down to alter the mood – in other words, we’re looking for remixes that do more than just slap an imported drum loop over the original. Beats and hits can be created by cutting up and processing the original sound files. You can get a good idea of our past output by visiting the Media page on this site.
For any questions about audio files, feel free to get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Gabriel Prokofiev / GéNIA - Clock Watt
2. Tempest / Gary Carpenter - Niederau
3. Mark Simpson / Tempest - Flute Trio No.
4. Tansy Davies / Azalea Ensemble - Neon