Today we’re incredibly pleased to release Outside the Lines - Vol. 1, the first in an annual series of EPs, which aims to support the best emerging artists on the contemporary classical scene.
Outside the Lines - Vol. 1 features a diverse selection of six artists selected that we will work with to develop over the next year via releases, curation of our monthly night and special collaborative projects. We’re thrilled to begin this new series and to be working with such a wide range of fantastic artists already.
This release features:
- Cello trio Tre Voci with Modus Triplex by Alex Nikiporenko, recently shortlisted for a British Composer Award in the Small Chamber category.
- DIY Synthesisers and Experimental Techno from electronic artist Tom Richards.
- Koltur presents a sonically twisted version of Tempest Flute Trio’s performance of Gary Carpenter’s Niederau.
- Two unique works for percussion from clarinet and percussion ensemble NASduo and award-winning composer Dani Howard.
- Finally haunting string work Kabelsteg from conceptual artist, composer, sound designer and performer Mathis Nitschke in collaboration with Anja Lechner on cello.
With thanks to the RVW Trust, Arts Council England and PRS for Music Foundation for their funding - this EP wouldn't have been possible without it.